Estimates ARGH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerry and Sons, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Went and did an estimate on Monday, customer calls me back and stated that she was happy with my price but would like to take a walk around the property with her. I showed up and spoke to the customer and so the story begins. She says, Oh by the way i forgot to tell you that i only need mowing every ohter week, and i would like the lawn bagged.
    1> I don't bag just mulch or side discharge
    2. I only do weekly accounts

I advised the customer of this and she just could not grasp the concept. I told her here is my buisness card incase you are ever in need of my services. I then told her that if you can find a true professional to cut for you please give him my card so that i can send him any other buisness that requires this kind of service.
    Good riddens to a true pita. Thank god that she weeded her self out early, before any major head aches. :angry:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Bagged every other week? Un huh, sure lady, I'll jump right on this...NOT!

3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

This happens to all the time and i will do it but the price is doubled to compensate for bagging.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Some people just don't care if their lawn looks like crap. I wonder if she had someone doing her lawn last year on this type of schedule.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Matt just did an estimate the yesterday for this lady who wanted to cut the grass sometimes herself when she felt like it. Matt says, "that isn't how our business works. You get a scheduled day, I show up every week to cut it. If I come here and it's already cut, I'm not going to be happy. You'll be better off finding someone else."
    Anymore, it's hard to find ideal customers.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Jodi, Matt should have said, '"That's fine, but if I show up and it's mowed, you're still gonna get billed."