Estimates in the snow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FL&G, Feb 28, 2005.

1. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

Are any of you folks doing Spring clean-up & maintenance estimates with all this snow on the ground? Seems like it would be impossible to accurately measure the yard, Bedding ect.
    Were supposed to be getting another 8-12 tonight! This sucks, I was hoping to get started the second week of March. I could start pruning but I am not sure if I should start working without a complete estimate/ signed contract.
    Any thoughts am I totally missing something here?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I never give estimates if the ground is covered with snow...surprises I do not need.

3. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

Yeah, I screwed up and submitted this twice. Sorry. :sleeping:

4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done some estimates and have scheduled work for sometime in March, dependingon the snow and frost.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

The only estimates I would give with the ground covered in snow is for snow removal.
    Like Rod stated there can be suprises there that you dont see, everything is nice and level looking covered in snow

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

No estimates with snow on the ground,they have wait just like everybody else.

7. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Did an estimate today with the ground covered with snow. I don't usually do this but had a lady who just wanted someone to take care of the grounds for the rest of the year. "Do what ever I felt was necessary". Cost was not an issue. Can't pass up that kind of job. Did the best I could with the snow and put a little extra in the quote for any surprises.