Estimates - Return their calls!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by maple city, Sep 30, 2003.

1. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

We got a call Monday from a lady who wanted some Burr oak acorns cleaned up. We call her back immediately and go do an estimate. We told her we'd charge her for a mow and see what the mower sucked up. The grass needed cut anyway, so we were all happy. We go and do the work today. We ended up double cutting it to get as many acorns and leaves as possible. No big deal. Didn't take too long to double cut. We get done, she's really happy with the job we did. She asks what she owes and we told her $40.00 (what we agreed on). She says no, you double cut, I owe you more. We told her that was our decision, and there was no extra charge. She says - I want to give you something extra. you did a great job. Take it and go out to dinner. When we count it later, she has given us $90.00. We are also going to cut her for the rest of the season, do all her leaves, do her gutters, plow for her, and probably mow next year.

Back to the title of my post.
    I asked her how she heard about us, and she said from our newspaper ad. He called every ad in the paper and we were the only ones that called back.
  2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Yep. I got a call Sat for aeration that I didn't have a chance to return because of how busy I am right now. Went to do it Monday, someone had already done it. Not really bummed about it, I'm stressed as it is with work. Sometimes you can let a call for estimate go a few days, sometimes you gotta be right on top of it. It's best to be right on top of it.

3. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

forward your phone to your cell phone and wear a headset to hear the phone ring over the equipment. If you don't miss the call you do not have to call back.