Estimates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Perfect Lawn, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

What is everyone using to give estimates? Are you leaving a copy with the customer? Is it a carbon copy? I have been using a Sales order statement book from walmart and stamping my information on it. But to me its just not professional enough. Thanks

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Unclear of what business you are in residential lawn mowing, commercial mowing, full maintenance, fert and squirt, or install work. If you feel yours is not professional enough you should do what makes you feel better. Don't base your standards on the industry norm.

I do full maintenance for upscale residential clients. I use a spreadsheet that shows all the costs through the year like a budget for the landscape. It is also sent with a contract. I do all my "selling" at the interview stage I make notes go back to the office and do all the calculations. I then e mail it, drop it off or mail it, whatever they want.

Most here I have read "eyeball it" and throw out a number on the same visit for simple residential mowing. You will find more information using the search feature.

3. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

For Lawn, Shrub & Tree Spraying, we have a two part form for estimates/Lawn and Landscape Analysis. We fill in the parts for size, type of grass, weeds present, problems, suggested program, pricing, discounts for pre-pay, etc. these are left on the spot, if they sign up, we have a two part contract also.

For Landscaping, Hardscapes, we use a spreadsheet program that we fill in the blanks for materials, labor needed, etc. and present this on a 2nd appointment.

4. Perfect Lawn

Yea, I do residential full lawn and landscape maintenance. But what I am looking for is when someone wants an estimate for lawn cutting and or other work, I would like to have something right away to give them rather than a sales order sheet from walmart. Though it is cheaper.

5. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Search around on the Internet, ebay, on different forums and such. Find all the estimate forms you like, then take the parts you like from them, and lay out your own. Bring it to a printer and have them made with two or three part carbonless forms one for the customer one for you.:waving:

6. Perfect Lawn

Cool thanks

7. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

We use Quicken home and business, they have estimates and invoices you can create w/your company's logo on it. It works great for what we use it for. Hope this helps, and good luck!

8. Perfect Lawn

How do you geta copy for yourself after you gave a customer one? Do you take it somewhere to get carbon type copy made? Thanks

9. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you just scan it into the computer for your copy? or copy and file it?

10. Perfect Lawn

No, What I mean is you go to a customers house for an estimate, you leave them a copy of it, now where is your copy for your records when you use softwear like quicken, or " Lawn pro which I do have".