1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Estimates

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ELITE1LAWN, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ELITE1LAWN

ELITE1LAWN LawnSite Member

What Do You Guys Charge As A Minimum And Do You Figure You Price By Square Feet Or By Acres

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what are you talkn about?

3. ELITE1LAWN

ELITE1LAWN LawnSite Member

sorry when pricing for like mowing how do you figure your prices do you just have set prices for different lawn sizes or do you have like a rate per square feet or yards

4. Bluestem

Bluestem LawnSite Member

It really depends on your market. I don't ever want to drop the tailgate for less than 35 dollars mowing. I do a 35 dollar minimum and 10 bucks per 1000 square feet on aeration, but that is just kind of what the market bears around here. Mowing also varies depending on how much trimming and edging you have. The way I learned is by screwing it up royally both directions my first year. Go with your gut and don't lowball. You'll learn from your bids as you go.

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I'm old fashion so I just look at the lawn over all to give my price. I look at the size of the lawn, weedeating or trimming, edging, and blowing. I've had some small yards that actually took longer than bigger yards because of all the trimming and blowing. So it's hard to have a set rate for sq ft, because a lot can come into play.

My min. for a yard is $25, I dont care if it takes me 2 passes with the mower. I don't unload for $25. Start there and work your way up. All my yards take around 10-20 min tops. and I avg $30 a per cut, some I charge 25 and others are 35. Like I said it all goes back to how the yard looks, if it looks like a pain in the a** charge more. Hope that helps, GOOD LUCK