Estimating a Paver Edge

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by AJ Lawnscapes, Sep 12, 2007.

1. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I am estimating a big job for a customer and have a quick question about the the paver edge that I'm making.

Currently I have about 15 tons of 1-2" Ocean Rock beds that I"m creating, and a 8x16 foot patio that I'm creating with EP Henry Conventry Brickstone.

I am going to be doing a Soldier course around the patio, and the customer wants the soldier course tied into being around the beds with the same bricks.

What I want to know, is do I charge that at the same price per sqaure foot as I do the patio since I will be creating a base for it and locking it in like I did with the patio? Or do I charge it differently? Currently I am doing it per my Homebuilders Contractor price guide from 2 years ago, at $30/sqft.

Thanks guys.

==Abe

2. AJ Lawnscapes

I kept the price the same for the edge. The customer wanted it, but they couldn't afford it, at this time.

Got the job though! $6540 for a 120sq Patio, new beds with new topsoil and 1 1/2"-2" white stone (about 10-15 tons), plus a bunch of planting that the customer purchase and finally taking down 3 trees, plus a neighbors tree.

Very happy, been a slow year.

Thanks guys!

Abe

3. dave lincoln

dave lincoln LawnSite Member

how much to lay cobble stone boarders?

4. AJ Lawnscapes

Have to look a the surroundings. And that's a long drive to Mass.

Well, got the job, and some more on it. They are getting the border, but I said cash if they want it for the price they wanted it at. And I'm still making a profit, so I don't really care...

Great folks, and getting more business in the neighborhood.