Estimating aeration?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Novaowner, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

Ok this guy I went to give an estimate to, wanted to have his yard aerated, but I told him all I have is a tow behind one, and it's obvious it won't work on his yard. It's about 3/4 of an acre. If I was to rent a walk behind aerator how long would it take and how much does a walk behind self propelled aerator cost to rent on average?....I know all rental places are different, but they were all closed this evening when I was doing the estimate. This yard is mostly flat, a couple of areas with some hill. Thanks for any input!

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

rental will probably be like $45, and shouldnt take u no more than 30 min to complete..............good luck

3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I think $35 per day here , but would guess more like an hour - especially if you are not familiar with the walk behinds. Be sure to core aerate , maybe just a half day rental.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I do 3/4's for 80, but I think you could get away with 100, maybe even 120.

Yeah, about 40 bucks at the worst for a rental, shop around you can probably find one for 25-30 per half day (4 hours).

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

The rental shops around here have their inventory on the 'net. I just pull up the website, and find what I'm looking for to see prices. You should check out a couple places around you to see if you can, too. Around here, $45/ day for walk behind core aerator.

6. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

Thanks to all who responded! I love this website, I hope to be in this business long enough so I can eventually contribute some information! Thanks again all!!