estimating comm. apartments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyz2k3, Mar 11, 2004.

1. lawnguyz2k3

lawnguyz2k3 LawnSite Member

can anybody tell me what is the right way to submitt a bid to a property mgnt. company? do i show them what it would run them monthly, or do i show what it would run them weekly ie:mowing and trimming bushes twice a yr etc. thans 4 your time.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I show a weekly price, the smaller the numbers the look the the happier they are:)
  3. Lawns of KY

Lawns of KY LawnSite Member

Property management companies want to see each item and their cost per occurence. i.e. mowing $50 per cut, weeding $10 per occurence, fertilization $25 per occurence, hard edging $8 per occurence. At least this is the feedback I get and all I do is commercial and industrial.
  4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The apartments I do dont care about indvidual prices. Its full service maint. They just compare total at the bottom of bid for the whole year.
  5. lawnguyz2k3

lawnguyz2k3 LawnSite Member

thanks for all your help
  6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

every one is different. You should talk to the person in charge and ask what they want, that way you are not wasting time giving them something they dont want.
  7. OlsonBro

OlsonBro LawnSite Member

In my experience, apartment buildings and townhome associations are looking for a flat monthly rate. Most associations run their budget pretty close to the line every month and cant afford not to know their expences up front. All of my townhomes and apartments are set up on monthly rates for mowing, trimming, bushes, fert, herb and plowing. Commercial customers and residentials in my area are more receptive to per-time bids.