Estimating fall cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dsmrolla06, Feb 15, 2006.

1. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Some of the properties i am doing quotes for are wanting fall leaf cleanups put into their estimates. These are both residential and commercial properties. How do i estimate a all cleanup this early in the season?

2. lance1

lance1 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Think efficiency, cause that's what the experienced guys do then figure your hourly rate times estimated time and disposal fees. If your happy with that add 10% and bid knowing you could come down 10%. It depends what your time is worth.

3. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

Take a look around. Are there alot of tress that will drop leaves? Are there alot of perrenials that will need to be cut back? Is it a windy area where leaves from other properties will blow into yours? You should be able to ball park it. Like lance1 said estimate it and add 10%.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do as suggested, but then I would tell the client that this is just an estimate. I usually try to give a low and high range.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I do as others have said ..... I can give a "estimate" of what the clean up will cost but they must understand that acts of god, changes in the landscape, etc. can effect that estimate

This is just a small sample of some of my legal jargan in my contract

Jobs such as Spring or Fall Clean Ups, Fertilization, Mulch, Hard Pruning of Shrubs MUST be billed separately after job completion.

Extra Requested Detail Hand Weeding requires additional Separate Billing.

Failure to have Palms trimmed Yearly WILL require itemized extra billing when excessive Fronds litter bed or turf areas!

Rate is Good for (30) Thirty Days from date of Proposal and is subject to change outside scope of “Statement of Work” described on Page Two (2). Acts of God as defined in Conditions of Agreement, Any Additions & Changes to Property Landscape Design AFTER Signing MAY AFFECT MONTHLY CHARGE

Storm Damages and debris from acts of God (drought, hurricanes, heavy winds, tornadoes, freezes and other acts of nature) are not the responsibility of FANTASY LAWNS INC. An option, at extra charges, other than the designated monthly bill due to clean-ups, can be determined and given a written estimate to the customer. If the customer does not wish to pay these extra charges as described in the paragraph, owners may remove the debris themselves