1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

estimating software for landscape installs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by AintNoFun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

just curious what some of you guys use to estimate your commercial landscape install work. im using custom excel spreadsheets right now but looking to get a good estimating program to try to make life easier...

2. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Pro landscape image editor has a database of several thousand plants, which you can set prices to 1 gal, 3 gal, 5gal, etc... for purchase and install...

Its a pain to set up, and I actually don't use it because I don't do enough work to justify programing 100s of plants..

3. AintNoFun

i looked at it, looking for something a little more although it does look good.. construction estimating software looks like its great but i can't justify speding 10k+ on the software. i think i could hire a programmer to make my own program for that...

4. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

10K+? Pro Landscape is $1,395.00 and worth every penny!!!

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

10 grand?........

6. AintNoFun

yea 10g.. its pretty intense program, would be good for us but a lil to indepth for dirt work. some of the big dirt contractors spend 100k for a good estimating package...

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

some spend more viewpoint is 175,000 off the shelf and you need to send who ever is going to use it away to learn how.