Estimating Tools for ALL to use!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team-Green L&L, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I have gotten sick and tired of all the excess overhead involved in free estimates with no reasonable budget in mind. We get these all the time. People simply do not know the costs involved in our industry.

For this reason I have developed a set of tools on our website that allows the user to get a generic instant estimate. It is, by no means, an accurate estimating system, but it will definitely weed out the people who want $5000 in work and have a $1000 price tag in mind.

Check them out and if you want to link to them feel free, but do not steal the code. It has happened before and I had to pull the tools. I would love to allow everyone free usage if it benefits them, but pirates are around every corner.

I am located in the Ohio area, so the pricing may vary a little, but I have noticed a pretty consistent rate in the recent years.
  2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Team-Green L&L

Thank you, I spent quite a few hours getting the bugs out of them.
  4. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

Do you have a lot of customers that use this tool? How successful has it been for you?
  5. Team-Green L&L

I sort of make the customer use them with internet "guiding" or links that put them there BEFORE I drive to the property. I am able to close a higher percentage of estimated projects due to the tools providing the "cold leads" with an idea of budgeting, but I haven't tracked the usage yet. Good idea though.
  6. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. I've gotta get David to see this. I plugged in my own yard measurments and got pretty much what I would have bidded on my own yard.

Great job!
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You are right it's never one size fits all, but that's a really nice job, I would bet that was a pita to do in php omg LOL! nice.

May I suggest integrating the Mulching Services / Materials Calculator into one?
  8. Team-Green L&L

Thank you all for the compliments. It was such a PITA coding these. I was editing for days to get the bugs out.

That's a great idea. Everything is beta right now to see how accurate it is in different situations and how the response is.

I do plan on integrating all calculators to work in conjunction with each other and I have even started working on a dhtml site so you can use it from your cell phone internet. Kind of a hobby of mine. I do a lot of web 2.0 stuff and work with some good teachers.
  9. Heatman

Heatman LawnSite Member

Very good idea however I put in my lawn measurements ( right at 1 acre) and it came out around $300. Is that correct?
  10. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Same question as Heatman. I noted it says "per cut", but am thinking this is a "per month" price. Am I correct?