Estimating Yearly Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CHINES60, Oct 22, 2002.

1. CHINES60

CHINES60 LawnSite Member
    from 38017

:confused: :confused: I NEED HELP TO DETERMINE MY CONTRACTS FOR NEXT YEAR. I WAS IN LAWN SERVICE SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND AM THINKING OF GETTING BACK INTO THE LAWN SERVICE AGAIN IF POSSIBLE. THE LAST YEAR I CUT, I WAS CHARGING ONLY $15 PY SOME MORE (1983) WELL I KNOW PRICES HAVE GONE UP BUT TO WHAT IN THIS AREA(MEMPHIS, TN) ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED:dizzy:

2. I try to make $25 per hour while I am cutting grass. It is easy money.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Might want to give 65Hoss a holler on rates in the Memphis Area...he's a neighbor of yours, been around for a while, adn knows what he's talking about.

As for my biz in NJ, straight mowing is $65 per hour. And we don't discount. Hope that helps.

r

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont listen to Chopique, he is whacked out.

I can easily get $50 per hour, which gives me a comfotable profit and also is a very respectable rate in my area.

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I don't lift a finger for less than $45.00 an hour. Mowing, hedges whatever. When you pay taxes and insurance you cant make it on any less.

Scott

6. I guess that if you are rich, you can sneer at $25 per hour. However, I am not rich. Never have been and expect I never will be. So I will take my $25 per hour any day of the week.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Chopique,

Not trying to cut you down, just saying that your rate is, on the average, low. I can respect where you are coming from. I am by no means wealthy- every dime i make goes to paying tuition here.

8. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i'm in the memphis/collierville area also (38017)..although this is my first year i do know what most neighborhoods here will pay...not sure if 65hoss cuts in our neck of the woods or not..as far as yrly contracts--i know i see alot of talk here about folks not working unless they are under contract but me personally did not have a single one this year and i had zero complaints/cancellations..as long as you communicate w/ them and give them a quality service and are dependable i do think you will have a problem..i have done some installs under a written agreement though..i think that is different..i do not know if folks around here (38017) do contracts or not..hoss might be able to help you more on that one..nice to see another person from 38017..fyi--some of the higher end neighborhoods will bring 50-75 cut for up to a 1/3 acre..other 1/3 neighborhoods will only bring 40-55 a cut..practicall everyone out here does insist on weekly cuts, which is good..good luck..

9. Barry D

Barry D LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

You have to check the hour price of other lawncare companies of your size. This will give you a starting range on your hour rate. This may be more than you were planning on charging, which is a plus. It may also be a little less. After you get this information you can plan an effective package (mow, edge, blow, extras, ect.).

I charge $35.00 an hour and seem to be just under the other companies in my area. I hope that this helps.