1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ET controllers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by aric43085, Feb 21, 2007.

1. aric43085

aric43085 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have used the weathermatic controller. I was wandering if any of you have used the hunter retrofit ET? Is it any good? What are the pluses and minuses?
  2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I personally use the WM smartline system on all of my jobs. The Hunter deal is ok, but it's still not as good as the WM controller. More modules, and units, rather than a stand alone controller. WM all the way for ease of installation and performance!
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I've only installed one so far, a Weathermatic Smartline in a 22 unit condo complex. I like a lot of the features, maybe enough to install one here at home. Looking forward to the handheld remote that is supposed to be out early summer. So far so good.
  4. Bringing back an old thread. Where are you on this issue now?
  5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

OMG, it never ends.
  6. aric43085

aric43085 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I don't know. I havn't serviced or installed a hunter ET system yet. I like the weathermatic set up, but it's hard to get w.m. in my area. I was looking for an alternative to w.m. Any suggestions would be great.
  7. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

I'm doing a landscape for a lady who owns a small commercial property, and subbing the irrigation system. (Four zones.) She is absolutely convinced that she wants a Hunter ET or the functional equivalent. When I suggested that such a thing might never pay for itself on a small property, she said that didn't matter - she's interested in it from a conservation standpoint, and she can afford to pay for it.

What do you guys think about that?
  8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

those are usually the type of people that buy that unit. Try actually marketing that angle,there are moreof those kind of custoemrs out there, i guarantee it.
  9. Suggest a new cutting edge topic Kiril.:rolleyes:
  10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Money is no concern?

With all the bells and whistles. :)