1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

ethanol mixes

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by badluck, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

In NY, every station, every octane has 10%.

2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer told me to add some marvel mystery oil to the mixed fuel every other time u fill up a can, it is suppossed to be a big help with the E85. I havent used any, but I do notice a big diference in the equipment when its running 89 octane compared to the usual 93

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing that has been noted with older equipment, is that when the first tank of E10 hits the tank, it breaks all the crud loose. You need either to change the filter or clean the carb depending. That ethanol is far better for the environment than the MTBE that it is replacing.

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

We have the 10% mix here in FLA and ive been using it in every thing i have and i have had no major problems yet. just carb adjustments but i dont know what the long term effects will be! :cool2:

5. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

I hear now that they may increase the % of ethanol in gas. Fine for fuel injectors, but will eat the plastic and rubber in lawn equipment carburetors. I've been told that I can buy "ethanol free" Recreation Fuel, but it is much more expensive and hard to find. What types of ethanol additives are you using?