etwman - can I ask you a question

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Tim Wright, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

etwman - can I ask you a question regarding your TC40DA SS?

I am about to purchase the same setup, and have bantered back and forth between the TC33DA SS, and the TC35DA SS or non SS. I am most doing final grading and seeding with this setup. Also the QT option.

In your opinion is the 33 too small or the 35 too big?

And SS, to get it or not?

Then finally, if the only choice was a TC35 QT without SS or a TC33DA with SS and QT, which way would you go?

Thank you.

Tim

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Tim -

They've changed the model numbers since I bought ours but here's what I know.

1. Go with the most horsepower in the same size frame as you can get. I think when I got ours the 35/40/45 were all on the same chassis. A 45 would have been nice.

2. Supersteer. If you can swing it I'd go for it. It is the best thing since sliced bread with using it for seeding. You can actually pivot on the back tires when you turn the wheel all the way, that's one sharp turning radius. If you are pulling a preseeder, and you turn the wheel all the way moving slowly forward, you can make the preseeder shift sideways around well caps etc. Kind of hard to explain but once you do it the first time you'll love it. Only downside to supersteer is if you have a loader on it the loader mechanism is about a foot longer because the front axle pivots.

3. By QT are you talking about the Quick Attach option? If so it's nice to have. We'd put a set of pallet forks on to move the straw chopper around at times.

4. Hydro over gears I'd hope. Always found it better with hydro to help with seeding. Draws a little more power but worth it. Thus the reason why go as big as you can get in hp in that size frame.

hope this helps some.
    etwman.

3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup,

You've got it right on all accounts.

I thought I could get a TC35DA for the price of a TC33DA, but that deal did not happen.

So I am settling for a TC33DS with Super Steer and Quick Attach, and grill guard. The TC33DA is with the LA14 loader rather than the 15 or 16LA. The TC35DA is a 35hp on a larger frame with a larger bucket. I would have gotten the 6' Harley Rake with this one.

But I settled for the TC33DA because it will do the trick and there are a lot of small lots going up in the area, so most of the lots will be 1.2 acre and others will be even less. Only a few will be an acre. So I figured manuverabity will be worth its weight in gold over a a larger bucket.

I cannot wait to get this set up.

I can take possession anytime this next week. New tractor, rake 10kGVW flat equipment trailer, and seeder.

If this rig pays for itself this summer and I need more, then I will consider a larger TC for a second crew. But one baby step at a time.

BTW- Thank you very much for replying.

Tim