1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Eurpopean tractor pull win

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Roberts pulling team from my home town put Ryans Toy II and Double Stuffed on a ship and shipped them over seas. They won the Unlimited Super stock class with Ryans Toy II (Case IH MX270). I guess it's the first time in ten years a US tractor has one over there. The team at this time has six pulling tractors and one garden tractor.:usflag:

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That stuff I consider kinda lame and [​IMG] .......... those modded "tractors" are just dragsters with big "tractor" tires. Give me REAL tractors!
  3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

You have no idea what goes into one these things.They probally have more money in one engine then you will make in the next 2 years.

It is astonishing the weight they pull as well.
    They may not be a tractor ,but "Lame" is not even in the ball park.
  4. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

If i only had that kind of money to build a tractor like that. MAJOR POWER there for sure and money
  5. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

will he be at the Keystone nationals this coming weekend?...i'm either heading to that or going to a farm sale...haven't decided
  6. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

One tractor alone can cost between $200,000 and $300,000. Each of the Unlimited Super stocks have a computer system on them. It tells the driver how the motor ran after each pass. I helped Johnny print of the pages once after they made a pass down the track. It was a bunch of pages for only 13 seconds of info. They are pretty neat machines to be around.
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Alot of the guys run Blown hemis.Not much different from a top fuel dragster or a Funny car.
    Each engine can cost 70k+ a piece complete.