Evaluate this ad

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wrestlingcoach, Mar 1, 2005.

1. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

This ad is going to be displayed on a computer screen at the grocery store, above the amount / totals.

s lawn.jpg
  2. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i like it...nice stripes by the way....

getting picky here but it always looks not as good to have 2 seperate numbers for 2 differant people.
  3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Use 1 number and maybe try another color. The red is not pleasing to me and draws my eyes elsewhere. Make the number bigger because they will need to write it down.

I like it though. Good luck!!
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

change the background of the card or the color of Coachs Lawn service. Green on green just doesn't work for me at all. Try a white background, yellow background

I don't like the psuedo script of Professional Lawn Maintenance, it looks like it was written in crayon. Also why have it say "Professional" If you handed me a business card or I saw your advertising I would assume you are a professional unless otherwise indicated by poor design or layout.

Doctors don't put Professional Plastic Surgeon on their card. We shouldn't either. By saying you are a professional it tells me you aren't or think you need to prove it.

I agree with the one number thing and why the > after call? I don't get that.

The lawn looks nice and the picture in the oval gives a good focus on the lawn, although the bottom has a grey bar, Why?

I apologize if you didn't want a real critique. I know I would want someone to point out anything they didn't like. At least that way I could evaluate each item.
  5. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

keep it coming

My wife already said the red was not good

this is the rough draft from the ad place

will have him change it tomorrow
  6. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Might want to listen to the WIFE on this one :cool2:
  7. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Change the writing to yellow and white. Those two colors attract attention, especially on a green background.
    I personally would take off Bi-weekly Mowing
    Otherwise looks good.

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Change the color of the phone numbers to white, and justify that line to the left. Take out the >.
  9. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

I would definately change the color of "Coaches Lawn Care". Try white letters with a black outline. I also agree the font looks like it was done by a child. The green on green does not work.
    - Just my two cents :)
  10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the green on green fade.