Ever accidentally send a flier to another LCO?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JeffNY, Apr 4, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

There's an area I want to hit with fliers, and I know theres another LCO in there, just not sure which house is his.
    Anyone else ever received fliers from another LCO?

Just curious.

2. LunarLandscape

LunarLandscape LawnSite Member

I get around three a week closed inside my screen door. It is good to know what services these companys are providing. I like to read all of the offers and then read the fine print. Ex. with one year contract, 2.50 fuel surcharge etc.

3. GreenAcresLC

GreenAcresLC LawnSite Member
    from KY

I've NEVER gotten a flier from an LCO in my town for the 4+ years I've lived at this address...until this year. I registered my biz name, and within a month had a flier from about every major player in town in my box, or stuck on my door. This was back in the winter, like Dec. - Feb. I kinda took it as a "lets mess with the new guy", but that's ok, it let me take a peek at what the competition was doing as far as advertising. Go ahead and mail it to all the houses. This guy will probably laugh and throw it away. unless, that is, there is something on your flier you don't want him to see. In that case, you may want to Not have that on your flier, he's gonna see it whether you send him a flier or not. JMO

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

when I was younger I worked for a pizza shop....it was NEW in town and it did quite well.

the owner would go around town and order pizza from other places bring it in and let us sample it......

ten years later this guy was selling franchizes.... his name is Mr Jim's Pizza....

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i just got home from doing fliers all day, in the boxes their was about 4 or 5 other fliers 4 of them where home made and one was from a company called c & p landscape that said " you buy the mulch we spread it" it looked nice but i dont think that idea will make to much money.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we sent out 5k postcards and a couple of my buddies (landscapers) told me they got them...and ones girlfriend got one too

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

how many call backs did you get?

8. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

I handed another LCO a flier at his door step this year! He was sitting on the tailgate of his truck in his garage and as I approached him I noticed an everide scorpion sitting in his garage, I chuckled a little bit! I handed him the flier for shits and giggles, he laughed too. We conversed a little bit about lawncare, and then I went on. He was a cool guy, but it was a tad akward!

9. JLAWNCARE

JLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I get a lot at the door my wife tells me shes gonna call them if i dont get the spring clean up done at my house soon

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Nope.
    Don't send flyers out - never have.