Ever been confronted by an LCO accusing you of stealing an account?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by windsory, May 28, 2008.

1. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

I've got these two guys in a beat up old toyota pick up who stare me down and everytime I do a lawn that they think I stole from them. They'll stop for about five minutes across the street and watch me while I cut the house. I'm only 16, I guess they're trying to scare me or something, I don't know. Funny thing is, i have better equipment than them.
    The lady called me because I do two houses next door to her and she thinks I do a cleaner and neater job. So I said ok, I guess they're annoyed.
    These guys just bother me.

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

nope. never had that happen! just tell those guys that you didn't steal any accounts and the lady called me.

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

My uncle is an LCO and he sits on the side of the road to make sure I"m doing a good job, that drives me nuts.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

that sounds like a bad situation. get the plate # on the truck in case anything else happens. let a local cop know, give him the plate and truck description.

5. monkeygrass

monkeygrass LawnSite Member

your first instinct makes you worry. continue to watch your back. also--keep an eye on your equipment and your truck. maybe they are just studying your techniques.

ask the homeowner if they think the goons are "suspicious." i'd tell you to go concealed carry, but you're too young.

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: " goons ".. man i haven't heard that word in a long time!!! thats funny! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. BarrFarms

BarrFarms LawnSite Member
    from Ne Ar

I carry a good sized knife, gerber fastdraw. A shotgun under your backseat is a good idea, you never know.

Thanks,

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

lol! i new you had to be from New Orleans cuz we think alike!!
    gotta love the south!

9. MarksTLC

MarksTLC LawnSite Member

Your under 21, tell the cops these guys are stalking you. Maybe you think they are perverts and you fear for your life.

10. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Bring a camara with you and let them see you take the pic, then smile and wave. Probally wont see them again.:usflag: