Ever bought a new truck with plow from a dealer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Smitty58, May 9, 2005.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the market for a new 4x4 truck ,and I want to put a plow on it. I have seen a couple new trucks on lots and in ads that have a very good price. It seems like they are basically giving you the plow ,one example ... we have a GMC dealer close by that has a 05 Sierra 2500 HD with a Boss plow mounted on it. The sticker says the plow is a $6395 option and together the total price is $36600 ,now the salesman told me I could buy that truck with plow for $25000. So has anyone ever bought one like this?

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my 02 2500HD brand new with the Western plow. I would say for 25K, that is a terrific deal, almost too good to be true.

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

You ever been by a any dealership new or used after a storm and see what they are using to plow? Yea they use the brand new trucks that they have sitting on the lot. I don't think those guys are gonna be nice on the truck! Just something to think of.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my ford SD with the plow as part of the deal, they sent it out to be installed at the local equip. co. :D

5. QMVA

QMVA LawnSite Member

Well I don't know what your talking about, but my dad bought a F-250 that was bought in a package that included a new plow. Plow was 3000 retail and we only paid 1500 plus truck. Now the way ours was done was we bought the truck from the dealership and they took the truck to any of the local plow dealerships that have a low price deal with the dealership. We decided on a hiniker dealership. They take the truck to the plow dealership have the plow put on and then bring it back to their dealership. They then detailed the truck and delivered it to our door. How do we know the plow and truck were new. One we saw the truck before it had a plow on it. Two the key ring had the hiniker dealership's name on it which wasn't their before and three the plow blade still had the corner on the bottom.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

So, the dealer just had the plow installed for you. All the dealers here have Monroe Truck Equipment install the plows before they even arrive at the dealership. They all get Western plows, no choice. The dealers order the trucks and have them sent directly from the factory to the upfitter before they arrive at the dealership. I can get a plow installed about $1000 cheaper by bypassing the truck dealer but thats here anyway.
    Just like where Neuswede is from. Dealers here use these trucks to plow their lots and then they sell them as new since they were never titled. Definition of a new vehicle in illinois is one that has never been titled.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Yea that is fine I agree with that is fine I am going to do that my dealer said they could get it at cost. What I was saying was the brand new trucks sitting on the lot for sale that already have a plow on them. The dealer uses them after storms to plow all there places and them put them back on the lot for sale and at the end of season they sell them for a bit above cost. So you think it is a great deal getting a "good" truck and a plow when the workers don't care about the truck isn't theirs and beat the crap out of it. That was my only point, I have seen every dealer around me do it, and I know it is a truck for sale because it had the window sticker on it.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The problem with trucks with plows at the dealerships is. They are most likely a 7.5' light duty model. Any F-250, C-2500, etc. Needs a 8' heavy duty plow if you want to used it commerically. I wouldn't buy a truck with a plow on it. Get the right plow for the right truck.

9. QMVA

QMVA LawnSite Member

That is correct. Also the reason that we were able to get such a great deal on the plow was Ford Corp. paid for most of it. Look into it next time you go to the ford dealership.