Ever burn your face on a Little Wonder Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 8, 2004.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

A few times this fall while using my 10 HP Little wonder blower I reached down to change the chute from blowing sideways to the front and couldn't help to notice just how close your face gets to the muffler while switching chute direction with one hand and holding on to the machine with the other hand....Anyone get burned yet?
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Nobody who's gonna admit it, ya think?
  3. PetalsandPines

A wink or nod will suffice :cool:
  4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Let me think about that ---NO
  5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Never got burned yet but I sure keep an eye on that muffler,it sure is close especially cleaning out the side discharge chute,eyebrow cinge time:)
  6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Funny you should mention that! I've often wondered the same thing. When I started this morning it was only 38 degrees and the heat felt pretty good. It would have made for a bad day had I melted my face, though.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You are suppost to kick it with your foot. That is what I have been doing since I got mine. I don't feel like bending over. A little tap with your foot is all it takes to flip it.
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

no, not with the little wonder. today, my buddy burned his hand on the bp blower when he went to start it..ouch.
  9. PetalsandPines

Boy you must be pretty flexible if you can hold back a full throttle 10 hp blower in the front chute position and reverse kick that chute closed to the side.
  10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

;) I ain't never tried that, but, man, there is A LOT of tension on that spring. Not sure that would work with mine....