1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever buy equipment off ebay/craiglist??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATL Lawn, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just found out about Craiglist about a month ago.. its like crack, ADDICTIVE....

ive found trailers, mowers, blowers, most are 50% off retail, and baerly 1yr used...

What other goodies have you guys found/bought??

They have a Lawn & Garden section in every city

GSMOSS LawnSite Member

I found a Bobcat 219 with a 52" deck on Ebay for $5300 and it was brand new;I mean it only had 2/10 of an hour on the hour meter. On a sour note, I bought a used walk-behind edger on Ebay that was a piece of crap. Just make sure that you do some research into the item by contacting the seller. Do not trust photos;it seems that everyone selling used equipment either wets the item or takes the photo in the rain to mak it look better. DO NOT LET THEM TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS SO TO SPEAK!!!!
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my EBZ7001-RH on internet (texasmowerparts.com) for $420.00 SHIPPED. A great deal IMO. :usflag:
  4. tknoel

tknoel LawnSite Member

Just bought a 12X6 trailer w 4' split gates 2' sides. Bought new in August used 2x. Retail 1750. I paid 950 from craigslist. It is like crack or what I believe crack may be like.
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have bought things on ebay and craigslist before. Some turn out to be deals, and some are scams or just are not worth the money. Just have to be careful!
  6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought an EZ-Dumper truck insert, leaf box, and Fisher Snofoil off Craigslist.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

I bought chain saws hedge trimmers & weed wackers all off ebay brand new never a problem. I haven't bought anything from craigs list yet only sold. I totally agree craigs list is like a drug i check every day for stuff not just lawn & garden.
  8. Gator Lawn

Gator Lawn LawnSite Member

I make lots of money buying and selling on craigslist and epay.
  9. Trhfire19

Trhfire19 LawnSite Member

I bought a 48" Ferris walk behind off Ebay in April. I had no problems and it ran great all season.
  10. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

I have bought my trailer, Toro Proline 36" and my Sthil blower off EBAY. Got great deals, but you do need to check the buyers out good. I have sold on Craigslist and have tried to buy stuff, just did not work out.