Ever Crash A Ztr Into A Car?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Apr 13, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Any of you guys out there done damage to a customers property due to crashing a zero turn into a car or home? Guy im my neighborhood just took out a brand new chevy suburban i saw the whole thing, ouch!

2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry:

3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

was the guy a home owner or an LCO who crashed the ztr into the suburan?

i hope this guy has insurance, to cover this.... b/c new suburan don't come cheap. they usually sell for around $35-45k (depending on the package) new.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I dont know if he is insured but the side of the truck is scratched and dented really bad (driver and pass doors). The guys Hustler just bounced off the side of the truck and it was perfectly fine.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the closest i've come is hitting my tire on the truck with my front caster. I'm very careful around other peoples vehicles though.

6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I loaned a buddy a Toro Zmaster outfront a few years back.

First thing I asked him - you know how to use this right? Of course he did - ya right.

He takes the levers, jerks them back and forth and smacks into his Mustang with the hopper. HUGE dent in the rear fender.

I almost died laughing!

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

When I was much younger (8 probably) I was working with my father. I decided I would drive the walkbehind back to the truck. Never opperated this before. I released the grips, the mower was at top speed, and the thing took off like a rocket. Slammed into the side of a car, didnt do much damage, but scared me good!

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

My motto is to keep the mower on the grass. Im not sure about the rest of you grass cuttin fools, but it works for me. :p

9. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Before I hear it, my last post was sarcasm.

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Crashed my mower into my truck door bent it all the way back the wrong way :rolleyes: One of my workers didnt shut it all the way and it swung open right as i was making a pass.Tried to shut it with my hand but hit the mower forward ruined the door.