Ever do a dork 360?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Have you ever waved back to a customer and realize a little to late that your on a Z?
  2. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I had to read your post twice before it dawned on me what you were talking about! Yep! Done that. It makes you look really cool huh. I hate it when someone throws up their hand to say hello and you are not able to waive back. I often wonder...Do they think I am stuck up or rude? I try to throw my head back far enough so they can see some sort of reaction. The only thing that seems to accomplish is putting my nose further up in the air! Oh well, I just hope they all realize we can not just turn loose and waive....:D :dizzy: :angel:
  3. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a snowbird cust the just got down here for the season and when I waived to them (on a stander) It jerked to the left I slammed into the controls popped a wheelie and had to jump off.

So Mr. and Mrs. Snowbird watched me skid, burnout, and a monster divot and a dismount. All in 3 seconds!

My reply?
    Oops, sorry about that, I guess thats why the manual says not to waive!
  4. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Sentar. Once and only once I turned loose to waive and it threw me to the side and rib first into the controls. It then popped a wheelie and slammed to another hard stop. I was in pain and embarrased at the same time. The customer tried to help by saying " I don't see how you guys can control those things like you do.." I wanted to reply, "Well sir, obviously we cant!":D
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never had a problem with waving, I just use one hand on the t-bar or on the levers of the Dixie.
  6. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I do the good ol' head nod:D
  7. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Just did it last week with the walk behind. I usally have the thumb locks on, and then put the forward speed control all the way up. Well they werent locked when i hit the speed control all the way up. I got spun about 3/4 the way around before I grabed the speed control back down, Lucky I was in the open. :eek: and I dont think anyone saw me.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Another Dixie here. Waves are no problem. If I'm on my Exmark walkbehind I just nod.
  9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Choppers are wave friendly:D
  10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

no problems on the dixie, I had a scag z before my dixie and I was mowing along a highway with a 1 foot curb when the steering linkage broke I think I did about 3 360s luckily I wasnt going the other way because I wouldnt be here.