ever done this?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mrk'sLawn, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I have a guy I just started doing work for and he wants me to include everything in a yearly contract. Everything. Mowing, fert, pest control, mulching, over seeding, shrub trimming.. I've never done this before. What is the best way to break this down for him?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

NO NO NO -- Do not break it down. this is what everybody here wants-- Add up all your work, total the price- divide by 12 tell him where to send the check each month. This is what you want!!!!:) :)

You are licensed for pest right?
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

agree totally. especially don't let him know about material markup, that's pure profit and you want as much of it as you can get payup
  4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I loved the full service contracts....Like being a kid in a candystore with a pocket full of change..

I did break mine out into indivudual prices at their normal rates and the breakdown was easy to see on tnhe contract. But If someone picked up all the services I gave a "bulk rate" discount. Ended up being around 5-10%.

It was so nice to have the shrubs included in the crontact as each time you cut the grass you could do a little pruning and weeding so the place never looked "out of control"
  5. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I was going to sub out that portion. No I don't have cert. I see others do it but after hearing all the nasty stuff on LS I don't think I want too. I don't think it's fair to the ppl that have taken the time and spent the money to get theirs. Plus, I can't afford to sacrifice my business and equipment for the fines I would have to pay if I were to get caught. Thanks for the advice...:drinkup:
  6. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

good man mark.im sure many would appreciate the sentiment.good luck with contract .im sure you will do well