EVER FERT THE WRONG LAWN

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OLD CHAPP, Sep 11, 2000.

1. OLD CHAPP

OLD CHAPP Guest

I JUST WOUNDER IF ANYONE HAS EVER FERT THE WRONG LAWN.I NEVER HAVE BUT MY CREW HAS CUT THE WRONG LAWN. WHAT SHOULD YOU DO. DO YOU EAT IT OR TRY TO GET THEM AS A NEW CUSTOMER???

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I cut the model homes for a local builder. My friend is the commercial account manager at the Chemlawn which ferts the model homes. All last year I kept telling him the model home lawn looks bad. Another builder has a model home next to mine, and their lawn looks great! Finally,in September he realized that his crew was fertilizing the wrong model home all year. The other model home had Lawn Doctor plus free Chemlawn treatments.

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

:)
    Haven't done that but I HAVE plowed the wrong driveway before; houses all look the same at 3am, & when snow is a comin' down......

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i sent my guys out one day alone cu i had some other business to take care of and they cut 2 of the wrong houses in no more then 2 hours...i couldnt belive that. that was the last time i left those guys un supervised

5. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

While i never worked on the wrong property, I did make an error in writing an address that I was going to visit to prepare a quote. I wrote 319 instead of 379, or something to that effect. I stopped at the incorrect house, rang the bell, and told introduced myself. After a little confusion, we figured out my mistake. As it turns out, the house I was at was looking for someone to take care of some landscape work. I prepared a quote for them as well. (didn't get either job).