1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever get attached to a lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Dog2001, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have recently just posted stories about two customers I dropped.

I hated the people, but both of the lawns I took over as weed pits. Through proper mowing and fert and pest treatments I turned them into things of beauty. One of the main reasons I did not drop these people sooner is because I did not want to give the lawn up.

Have any of you ever kept a customer on, that you dislike, because you grew attached to the lawn?
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

You need a vacation............................LOL!
  3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah isnt it sad! What the hell happened to my youth?;)
  4. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Have an account that owed us so much money we had to stop service...We would have dropped her but it is a $25 lawn that takes us 15 min from start to finish
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I have one in particular, she complains all the time. But hey $47 for a 25 min job, little to no trimming, and the lawn is watered, and weed free.
  6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I know what you mean. I have this one lawn that takes me about an hour and 45 minutes to do. I probably don't charge enough for it but it's one of the best looking lawns I have. I know of at least two big LCO's that would their left *ut to get this lawn from me. The house sits up high overlooking the lower lawn and even though it doesn't't really need it, I criss cross it and it looks like freaken fenway. When I'm done, and I finish loading everything up, I always have to take a couple of minutes and look back at it. The parking area is higher than most of the lawn and orchard...it looks awesome.

The thing is. I have yet to ever get a compliment from the owners. Hell their hardly ever home. But I know it looks good.

I don't think I'll ever give up that account.
  7. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

All my lawns are overgrown weed infested dumps that the owners don't give a crap about, the day came when I finally got a nice lawn to do at a nice house, the owners were real fussy and the lawn didn't even need a cut really but they wanted it cut anyway, so I had to lower the mower so much to make it look like I'd actually done something to the lawn that I ended up taking a big chunk out of it, oh well back to mowing weeds :( :( :(