ever get invited to a customers house?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 29, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

just wonderin, have any of u been invited to a customers house for a party or anything?
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, but they usually tell me "please get the word out that there is a par-ta here next week" :mad:

But, yesterday I got invited in because it was raining. :)
  3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Yes..a few times. Christmas parties/picnics......
  4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Many times a client will ask me to re-schedule their lawn for a party, or do some extra work prior to a party. My typical response is "I guess my invitation got lost in the mail - huh?" Keep them on their toes. I have been invited to a few as well as a few parties the whole family has been invited to.
  5. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Been over to a couple clients' houses for dinner. Good cooking :D Have been to several parties of various sizes at clients' homes. Was invited to Thanksgiving dinner at 1 client's house.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

lots of times...since I live in a small city everybody is friends with everybody. So actually about 75% of my clients are friends with me or my family.
  7. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Just this afternoon I had a customer invite my wife and I over for dinner sometime. This couple even told me to bring our dog! Great people, but I don't know how I'd feel eating at their place. Too weird!:dizzy:
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

The dog too? :confused:
  9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you stunned that someone thought well enough of you to actually invite you into their abode, or you an outsider looking in at all the partiers? ;-)
  10. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been invited but I don't do it. Just find it better not to socialize with customers nor do we look to friends for customer base. A lot of people get away with it but looks like too many opportunities for it to come back and bite you in the butt.

At my last job the boss was always trying to get people to come over for meals. Then babysitting their kids, helping with repairs around the house, never did it and they didn't get upset with me but were upset with the employees that would take advantage of the offer and then wouldn't work late and help them out anytime they felt the need to ask for assistance.

IMO it's just not worth the hassle