Ever get tired?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ground Control Lawn Care, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Ground Control Lawn Care

Ground Control Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from nc

Do you guys that only have walk-behinds ever get tired of walking/ or standing on those things all day?

I thought I would start out with one instead of a zero-turn?
    What is yalls opinions?

2. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

only on larger lawns do i get bored riding on my sulky. My knees are def feeling it over the years

3. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

Start out with a wb with sulky. More economical, more manuverable, and cheaper. Buy a Z when you can justify one.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

walk behinds zero turn man.

what you meant is walk behinds or a ZTR...zero turn rider.

It all depends on what your mowing...but anyways the Wright manufacturing company are making standers that outperform ztr's now so make your own choice.

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a z. Buy a ferris. Your body will thank you. There are plenty of used deals out there. I can mow all day and not even be tired or beat up with my ferris. It makes taking on more business a joy and you dont have to "upgrade" later. One purchase.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Zero turn riders are not as comfortable as they might look.
    Take your pick, let your ankles and knees take the bumps, or send the shocks up through your spine.
    Takes practice, either way.

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

UUMMM i respectfully disagree. No hand strain, back strain, leg strain. Especially if you use a ferris or a suspension seat.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Your back gets a beating either way.. :hammerhead: Or are your legs and back not connected anymore? ;)

9. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

Do you mean do I ever get so tired working that I punch myself in the back to help break up the communication link between my back and brain? Yes.

10. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a ztr, but got tired of sitting all day, so I switched to a walk behind. I don't mind standing or walking althought I am mostly on the sulky.