Ever give your customer some extra's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Apr 14, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering, do you guys ever give your regular customer's some extra's services or goods?

ie) I have a regular customer that I cut lawn, garden bed maint, spring cleanup, install plants/tree's, trim ..

Her lawn is a bit thin, I have an extra bag of grass seed that is opened and I told her I'll throw in some grass seed when I mow her lawn next week.

you guys ever give something for freebies to customers?

2. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I try to do something extra everyday for a least one of my customers. That way a couple times a season, each get some little bonus that keeps them coming to me.

3. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i do

my first account starting out I aerated her yard and seeded for her. She doesnt know what that is and doesnt buy the extras, but she was my first so I treat her special!

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

grassin - same here, this customer was my 1st regular customer so I give her extra's..

5. huckleberrrylawngod

huckleberrrylawngod LawnSite Member

everyday
    my thinking is you dont need customers you need raving fans

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Only for loyal and good paying customers ( a very small group )

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as the cable company gives me some free pay per views i will.

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Used to but not much anymore. Most dont appreciate it.

9. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

If they are in a high end neighborhood I want to leave there with their place looking perfect. All the passers-by don't know what all I do there, and i don't want them to assume anything. So, if something reasonable needs doing and I'll look better for it, then it's a go...

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

For the loyal longtime customers. There loyalty keeps me in business. I will do a free edging (no we don't include that as regular service here) every now and then. Sometimes they just want to BS for a little. I try and talk a little when I can but I don't make it a weekly occurrance. I believe your time listening and talking to them is priceless.