Ever had a customer ask this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn_pro, Apr 14, 2005.

1. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

We got a call, some lady wants to "try out" several lco's around town, she says that she wants to pay 20.00 to have her lawn mowed and wants to see who will do the best job before she makes a decision. Told her no thanks, were full, she says "thanks I will keep you in mind for next season". I am thinking, gee thanks. Anyone ever had a customer ask something like this?

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes i have, and the answer is no, never, and DON'T keep me in mind for next season

3. Sky King

Sky King LawnSite Member

I am just getting started, This lady called said she would like to see how good a job I do, When I got their she hade me cut 2,1/2 inches, then rake it, back yard could not get in hade to use the push mower, (All for $15.00) She said the guy thhat hade been cutting hade not showed in 12 week, She singed a service agrement and off I went, She called me that night and said she would like to cancel, Said the guy that had been cutting it came by seen it hade been cut and goy upset :angry:

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

First of all, why is this potential customer setting your prices and telling you how to run your business? This is an example of how not to conduct business.

5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

She probably has 27 companys lined up. When they are all done, it's winter and she's done.

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

If she signed a service agreement, why are you going to let her slide? If it were me, and I had to manually rake, it would not be for $15! Maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

7. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

you got the shaft. I couldn't or wouldn't unload my stuff for $15. The most I would do is get the weedeater out for less than 15 min.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Hurry, run to the mirror and make sure there isn't a fiddle attached somewhere to your forehead....cause man did she play you like one!

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

WTF is wrong with you! If you'll do that you deserve it.

10. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Speechless...Totally speechless