Ever had "one of those days"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Monday....July 4th did not work! :)

Tuesday....Broke gear box/guard mount on string trimmer....$109 to replace. :rolleyes:

Wednesday....Blew right rear trailer tire, destroyed right front and left rear limping the trailer along the highway to the tire shop.....$365 four new trailer tires. ;)

Thursday....Alternator on 99' Ford F-250 decides to bite the bullet....$420 to replace. :cry:

Thank God in spite of it all, I'm done for the week and going to Camden Yards tomorrow to see the Orioles beat the snot outta the Red Socks! :angel:

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yep those days. Just hate em.

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh man. Sounds like you had a fun week.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

ha....It's over. You know it happens, right? You aren't due for another one for about 3 months! Enjoy!

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Wendsday..should have known those tires were on the way out and replaced them before it blew
    Thursday..remove old alternator,take down to auto parts store,get a new one and replace it yourself.
    Savings $350.00 or more

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about you bad week. I dread those. But, I gotta tell ya, tomorrow is going to be a bad day for you too. Red Sox will prevail. j/k Thats why they play the game.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

New tires can blow out, maybe he hit something.

Probably was cheaper to pay someone to change the alternator out than to do it himself or he was too busy. :rolleyes:

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Green pastures,

I've had alot of those days lately, when it rains it pours. :)

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Forgot to mention that the tire that blew was 3 day's old.

And yes, after losing half a day yesterday to replacing tires and then having my truck completely die on me today at noon, I did not have the time to replace the alternator myself.

10. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about your week- BUT it's not going to get any better.
    The O's are going to get KILLED by the RED SOX :angry: :p

At least no one was hurt during you ordeals. This week has been bad as well- rain rain and more rain. Joel