Ever had them say "while your here could you"

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mcdow, Nov 26, 2011.

1. mcdow

mcdow LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I was doing a small install a while back for an older lady. I finish the job and go to give her the bill and she says, "while you are here could you look at my screen door?". I fix that for her and that lead to another thing. Next thing I know I fixed 4 other things in and around her house. I don't think she has any family around so I felt bad and kept doing them. Ever have anything like that happen?

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Charge accordingly. Add ons are add ons

3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I was doing a cleanup this summer and the lady asked if I would use my blower and blow down a wasp nest that she found. Umm, no.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, happens all the time. Guaranteed to happen on days I'm already behind. Ring the register. Nothings free.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

almost on a daily basis lol

6. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Non stop. Just let them know its gonna cost! Have a customer who constantly plays with the irrigation clock and then calls me to fix it. The last time he called he asked if I was going to charge him to come fix the clock. I said I sure am that's an hour out of my day with drive time and reviewing the clock with him for the fifth time. He couldn't understand why I couldn't just "take care of him". Good luck to all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, and when they ask I give them my price!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mcdow

mcdow LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Oh she pays so no problems there, however she just called today and wanted to know if I could fix a toilet that is leaking. I'm trying to do landscaping not construction. Lol

9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I like those kinds of customers. Its a pain during landscaping season but we always get handyman jobs during the winter. It's a great way to stay busy and make a few bucks.

10. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

im a ***** for money so i never turn down any jobs lol