1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever Had This Happen?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Field General, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I go to a fellas house about a mile from mine. I give a price of $50.00 to treat 8000sq.ft. Just fertilizer and weed control. the lawn is in very nice condition few weeds but it is loaded with clover...I mean loaded.

First he almost wants to argue about the price....HE THINKS ITS TO LOW...he says he doesn't want me to shortchange myself. then he lays this one on me, He says,"can you leave as much clover as possible, my wife loves it."

I laughed all the way home. I think I am going to like my new customer.
  2. cwags73

cwags73 LawnSite Member

Maybe clover seeds will be cheaper than fert.lol just kidding
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

With all the clover, and the fact that they want you to LEAVE IT, you won't have to do anything but send a bill! (since clover adds nitrogen to the soil, makes the grass around it greener) ((for those that didn't know that))

I can't stand clover in a lawn. I think it looks as bad, or WORSE than dandelions... Ugly!
  4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Cha Ching!!!! $$$$$$$$$$
  5. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him that you are running a special on clover seeding
  6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Where is the Octane salesman when you need him?

Octane and Quicksilver are weak on clover--so--maybe you can kill the other weeds and leave the clover. Just a thought.
  7. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

of course you agreed to charge him $60, right?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Just use straight 2,4-D It doesnt control clover either.:)
  9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, especially if it is 4 lb 2,4-D amine, that will not kill clover or what is often mistaken for clover, oxalis. Ester will hurt those weeds but not completely kill them.
  10. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I had a lady ask me to spray around the clover because she liked it. $$$$ anything to please.