ever have an EOW ask for monthly and......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jun 7, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

you really couldnt justify not doing it? this crap happened to me last year due to the extreme drought we had. weekers went to 2 and EOW went to monthly. sometimes even after a month it still didnt need it but i cut anyway. anyone else do it the same way or would you continue to burn it up? thanks.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Just keep in mind that if you cut some grasses when it is extremely dry you can leave these dead tracks that appear in a few days after you cut.
  3. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I would rather not cut the lawn. If you do, it may take longer for the lawn to recover once you get rain, causing you to skip more weekly cuts. I hate mowing dust.....:usflag:
  4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We don't give the homeowner a choice. We make the call as to what will be best for the health of the lawn. Usually if I have to question it, it's best to skip it.
  5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

It's best to sign monthly contracts. No if or buts, it's so much a month, cut or not. If you can't cut it, clean up property, weed the beds etc... but no getting away from paying, or drop them and find work that will abide by your rules...simple as that.

6. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Some people dont have enough account to just throw some away though.
  7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i agree wholeheartedly with you but no customer is going to allow you to pick up sticks for 3 weeks then cut 1 and still charge them for 4. i think alot of us faced this situation last year with the drought. i just wanna be prepared this year just in case it happens again.
  8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I am already moving yards up to 3 weeks. Heat and dry weather has settled in once again. Should have plenty of weeds to cut on week three.
  9. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Normally I say weekly or bi-weekly only but last year I had some that were only getting cut once a month, and that was just to chop up dead leaves. Nature doesn't play by our rules, unfortunately.