Ever hear of a town called "Catawissa"

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Dusty, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

Does any one know what state "Catawissa" is in????? I got an e mail about a piece of equipment that I am interested in, but the seller only said that it is in "Catawissa" and didn't give me the state. Thought that a little detective work will tell me before he gets around to reading his e mail in the morning. thanks
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Catawissa is in Pa. I just looked in my Garmin eMap GPS unit. It is at highway 42 and 487 North West of Philly. I love my new GPS. It is so helpful. I don't leave home without it. :)
  3. frogman

frogman LawnSite Member

aol search turned up:
    Franklin County, Missouri
    population 830
    30 miles fm St Louis

4. I use street and trips to trace our route, And for catawissa It give two choice: missouri or pennsylvania.
    Very helpful software. You can drop a map in your handheld computer or gps.
  5. Smither

Smither LawnSite Member

Dusty, I'm almost sure you want the Catawissa in Pennsylvania. My father-on-law was born in Catawissa, MO. It's an extremely small place. Just a few houses, that's it.
  6. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

It turns out to be Cattawissa MO. I purchased a garden tractor there and now I need to find someone to move it east for me. I live in CT, but could pick it up if it were to get at least to NJ. Any ideas??? It weighs 1500 pounds. 6' long 5' wide 4' high . It does run & move.
  7. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Call a Larger Frieght company like Falcon,carolina,j.b.hunt,
    those kinda companys, but beware it will probably cost
    $300 to $400 to get it to your place, I had a old garden tractor with a snowblower about 800 lbs hauled to Oklahoma city from toledo and it cost $250,$25 more then the guy paid for it. lol
  8. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

I have called the trucking companies and they all wanted it crated and palatized. It looks like I am going to be using a antique car transporter. thanks Dusty.