ever heard of free cycle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by METRO 36, May 16, 2006.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what its called in your area but its called free cycle in my area. People place things on there they dont want anymore,most is junk but some are good today i got a side discharge chute for my snapper high-vac and another bagger attachment so now i have an extra.and a bag apparntly they wanted to side discharge and not bag but claimed it didnt look good so they,bought some sort of blocker to put on and they gave me the bagger and connection piece, and the side discharge chute.

You guys should check and see if you have one in your area.
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

we have the penny saver, it has a free and finds under $50 listing.
  3. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

is tat online or a paper, ares in online i got a 4x4 trailer 2 years old in great shape for my snowblower on there.
  4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

craiglist.com operates in many larger cities and their outlying areas. Kind of like one big online garage sale. You can post anything free of charge, from yachts to sex for sale.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

There's a Freecycle here, my wife joined but we haven't done anything with it so far.

If we're talking the same thing, it's a online 'club' accessible only to members who basically trade each others junk :laugh: No actually you can get some good stuff on it, our friends got a free big screen TV, the old owners got a plasma screen I think and just gave the old TV away.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It has been here for a while and I was on it but then I unsubscribed. It is a Yahoo based group and I finally had enough. I called it MOOCH-CYCLE. Most people on it were begging for whatever they wanted. Then the hard luck stories were posted. It got to be that it was about 20 to 1 of begging ads vs things people were giving away. Most things were junk but I did use it to recycle all the cardboard boxes I used to move. I had about 300 heavy boxes and someone in my neighborhood needed them. Its a good concept but there are too many people who ruin it, at least here.