ever look at your equipment and think. I AM THE MAN!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alexschultz1, Apr 24, 2011.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep so i just had one of those moments where i looked outside and saw my brand new truck, a trailer full of the highest quality equipment money can buy, and then saw a friend of mine drive by in his 94 accord.. all i could think of was, "damn ive worked my ass off but ill be damned if im not a badass right now" :cool2: cocky as hell i know but its good to be cocky sometimes lol
  2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Not for things i buy. For things i design and build. Yes.
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I love/hate it when some people (mostly friends) bust em for you because you have nice equipment and a successful business. I had one friend who every time I saw him he would just poke and poke until we finally had kind of a blow out because of it. Or the "oh must be nice to have xyz stuff", but have no idea how much you worked your ars off for it.
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Forgot to mention....Its nice to be proud about things but being prideful is a sin.
  5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the finer things in life, but I can't take it with me...
  6. Angelo585

Angelo585 LawnSite Member

I feel exactly what you're saying, I had family members stop talking to me because of being successful, even being humble and generous was not enough for jealous family and friends to act like children, I really don't get it, but i don't have time to worry about it either, italian families are so drama filled... lol!
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i never think "i am the man" because it can all disappear in seconds...rather if i have nice things i am thankful that i was able to obtain them.
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Good way to think about it....

Or sometimes I think "man, how much money do I have tied up into this stuff??"
  9. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing wrong with enjoying the fruit of your labor. It would be most drearysome indeed if there were no reward in it. As we all know though, life can deal some bad cards. Enjoy it while you've got it and endure when you don't. Either way, we've got to make the best of it.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, not really.