1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever Made an Insurance Claim?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Mar 2, 2007.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just curious about the types and amounts and how quickly any kind of claims have been handled - all i've ever seen referenced here were theft claims - I've never had to yet - just fixed a few small things myself to avoid the hastle - any windows broken etc.?
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a rock break a $800 window and I had a worker hit a new fence $350. My general liability covered qiuckly and rates never went up. This all happened in about a 5 year span
  3. hess

hess LawnSite Member

4 years in biz no accidents knock on wood!
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i broke one window in a storm room in the last few years, paid out of pocket out of fear insurance would go up, was only $150. by the way, thsi should be under the Business Mgt. forum
  5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

In 28 years we've broken 1 storm door $200, one car window $550, truck windshield $550, A patio door $600.00. I paid for them. I was afraid that an insurance claim would cost much more in the long run. Am I wrong ?
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe, but why take a chance?

I think you did the right thing.