1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever moved days around?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Four Star, May 27, 2003.

1. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever tried moving their accounts to different days?
    I've done it a couple times just because it made more sense to move certain ones to other days. But, has anyone ever tried shifting all of their accounts back a day or two? I'm thinking that it isn't a good idea, but i'm curious as to what the rest of you think.
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course. I do most my yards in zones or areas to avoid long drives. I will move certain ones back or forth to better suit my schedule. Some customers who request certain days I wont however
  3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

In the past 4 weeks I have shifted ALL the lawns to thursday and this week I am done. :) :) :waving: :blob3: :angel: It' s really going to be helpful. It's easy and FREE. :D
  4. airborne1

airborne1 LawnSite Member

I swapped two full days around for a very large customer this year, a $10,000 account. I had two $1,000 accounts complain, because they were on friday (two house bimbo's that don't work).
    The big acccount has been with me since inception and owns the featherlite dealership where I can get any trailer at any time and work it off on his personal lawn. That's right $10,000 for the summer on his home lawn 2 1/2 acres. Much more important account, the two homes are undervalued anyhow.

I also shifted three days into two this year. I usually work from closest to my shop to far away by the afternoons and into the evenings, so I don't have to drive along way to get to an account. I have things that lead all the way out far away.