1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever notice?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jan 23, 2005.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

that its not a good thing to keep your credit cards in your wallet that you keep in your back pocket. The weight & bouncing all day long take a toll on the and they wont scan at the pump no more. That notion came to me when the a lady at a gas station asked if I was in the lancare biz (i was in my wifes car) and several other local lco's have the same problem. :rolleyes:
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, i have two buttons on my wallet, one of them punched a hole thru the center of my atm card & one credit card, i was lucky, my credit card expired that month so my new one came soon after, i had to order a new atm card.
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

That and the dang bank charges you 5-10 dollars for a new atm card. I have found to just keep the gas card in the truck at all times and keep an atm only in wallet. I also take my wallet out of my pocket when I am working. To me it is just uncomfortable to work and drive with my wallet in my back pocket.
  4. stumper1620

i agree after that, back when i drove truck i always took my wallet out, too uncomfortable, now i learned the hard way that that was a good thing to do, besides, it cuts the circulation off to my leg if i sit on it very long.
  5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe thats why my cards keep breaking on me after a little while!
  6. stumper1620

that will do it. :D

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I always keep the wallet in the truck, tucked away and hidden of course. Not likely you'll need to purchase anything in the middle of cutting a lawn anyhow (unless the ice cream man comes jingling by).

Plus the added weight makes my pants droopy.
  8. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

Just another reason I dont use credit cards, as if interest on every purchase was'nt enough.
  9. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I hate that! I've had to re-order cards a couple of times :dizzy:
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Most likely the cards have been demagnetized. This can happen when magnetic strips touch each other or at a store with a magnetic strip remover at the counter.