Ever park in a customers drive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Dec 22, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

ever had to do it because of lack of street parking. Anyone ever complained?

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

The other day, we were spraying a lawn and had to back up in the customers driveway so the hose would reach all the way in the back. Nobody is ever home at this place. WRONG, as soon as we get going, the garage door opens up and their kid was needing to get out. We had to quickly roll up the hose, and move the truck and trailer so he could get his car out. He was not mad though.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Not if I can help it. There's only one driveway I park in, but it's a turn around drive and I have to park there because the street is busy. Everywhere else I park on the street.

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I only have to do it with one residential account due to lack of street parking on both sides (very narrow road). I don't like to do it but in this case I have no other options.

I made sure that it was alright with the homeowner before I ever did it and the only problem it has ever caused is once in a while someone will need to pull a car out of the garage and I will have to stop working to move the truck. Other than that no complaints.

The one thing that I recommend never doing is parking your vehicle in someones driveway if it was leaking any fluids, especially oil.

5. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I'll keep of the customers driveway with my truck and trailer as a rule, don't want them to come back at me and say that i broke something or made a mark in the driveway. allways better safe than sorry.

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Only if I have to, I.E. people parked all along the curb in front of a clients house.

7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I cant think of any that I have to park in the drive.

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i have never parked in their driveway, unless i go to tell them something, while i keep the engine running. i dont think it looks good if you park close to their house to cut the grass.

and besides...once you cut, it's a *_&^%#%$ to blow the grass clippings from under the truck/trailer too.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

About all I cut are in the country and about all have gravel for a drive way, In the townI have 2 that I cut that I park on the street . Here if you park out on the road there would be wrecks because there is no where to pull over unless its a driveway

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

there's one i have to, it's on a 4 lane road thats very busy all day. it's fun trying to back into with people trying to get around you.