Ever rent a leaf loader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smitty58, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

My town decided this year to punish us (tax levy failed) with a few things, one of them is no curbside leaf pickup. So we are thinking this could be good for us ,however I don't want to spend a couple grand on a loader and not get the leaf pickup jobs to make it worth my while ,so I'm thinking about renting one by the week. Has anyone ever done this? If so what did you pay for the week?

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I bet you won't be able to rent one. I don't know of any rental company that does.

I bought a used 13hp honda electric start 10" intake gaint vac from a buddy for $500. It looks bad but runs great.

I would buy a used one to start out with.

Also since you don't have a dump truck. You need to get a dump insert for your truck. Other wise you will be hand shoveling out all the leaves.

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to buy a dump trailer. My local rental shop has a big pull behind loader but I don't know anything about it.

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Our local rental house rents a couple of Trac Vac tailgate loaders. They rent for $ 65.00 per day. I know , because when I was shopping a few years back, they let me "rent" one for a week, and then sold it to me at a discount :D

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Just get a used one. :)