Ever-Ride Scorpion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&T Kiev, May 6, 2007.

1. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

First time post,

A dealer in Illinois carries the Ever-ride line of mowers. He has some very good prices on the Scorpion, and Scorpion FX 52-inch fixed deck stand-on mowers. You guys that have Ever-ride Scorpion’s, are they any good? Do they hold up under heavy duty conditions and work load? How is the quality of cut? The Scorpion FX is a fixed deck machine, do fixed deck stand on's have a tendency to scalp? Is there a steep learning curve for stand on mowers in general? Thanks in advance for any information and comments about the mower.

2. 4LLAWNSINC

4LLAWNSINC LawnSite Member

I bought a scorpion 52 last spring and put 700 hours on it last year. I love it. It is easy to learn how to cut with it. It cuts well too. The machine is built heavier than its older bro the super surfer, which I have also with 1800 hours on it. The factory that builds them is great in their quality control and customer service has been awesome.
    I would go with the floating deck. It will save you a lot of time being able to change height especially in spring when its growing fast. I also use an accelerator bag with it. I recomended buying one to my brother who ran a tiger cub and swore by it. He now swears by the scorpion.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

how much do their WB's run price wise?

4. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

4LLAWNSINC

Thanks for your information.

Rodfather,
    I looked at the hydro walk-behinds, but did not get any pricing information. They looked to be well constructed, with heavy duty components. I did read some specifications, the hydro mower comes in 48 inch, with 15 and 17 horse power Kawasaki engine options.The Ever-ride specs have it rated as having a blade tip speed of 19000.The steering controls look like the same loop handle design used on the Scorpion stand on. The walk-behinds look to be heavy duty quality mowers.