Ever-Ride ZTR Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttinUP, Aug 3, 2005.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Today I stopped into a mower shop that I heard about a few weeks ago. The owner and I talked for a while and he was showing me a new ZTR called an Ever-Ride. He was saying that he would put it up against Scag, Exmark,Great Dane or anyones ZTR. Claiming that it would mow faster,better cut, hold up better and all that stuff. Has anyone ever seen one or used one of these EVER-RIDE ZTR's.
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Never heard of them, but found a website for those who are interested in it, it is www.ever-ride.com
  3. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

demo'ed it, wasn't a fan. noting specific, and i don't mean to put my ferris on a podium but i like my ferris much better.
  4. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

He may say he'll put it up against anything...but will it actually do better? I've never heard of them, or seen them. We usually stick with what works, in our area it appears to be: exmark, JD, kubota and walker.

I'd take it out for a ride and then try out all the other brands.
  5. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

He said they drag raced it against a Scag Turf Tiger and the Scag did 16 rows in the same time that the Ever-Ride did 26 rows and the scag left stick ups all over and the Ever-Ride only left one stick up. He said it will Mow at 12 MPH
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, so will the eXmark Lazer Z XS and XP. In fact, i used a XS Lazer for most of the day today. that thing is a monster. 31 HP never even flinched. Cutting off 3-5 inches of growth at full ground speed, the RPM's never changed. it was on a 60" deck. The cut wasn't perfect, but I'm pretty sure the deck wasn't leveled correctly. I have never used or seen an Everride being used, but I don't think it can hang with the big boys. They are too new of a company to have everything working the way exmark and others do.
  7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A guy around here just got one. The cut looks like $hit to me and he can't operate it well yet. His JD front mount had a nicer cut.
  8. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like a Hustler wanna be. I'd like to hear more from people that have used them though.
  9. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one last week. Very nice machine. Good cut, fast smooth ride. I'd say as good as Exmark and Hustler and yes I have a Super Z and a Laser Z. they are all excellent mowers. Everride also has a very proggressive vac system that holds almost 14 bushels. With good dealer support I woud buy one no hesitation.
  10. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

I saw one of these last year, didn't use it. I spoke to the dealer about it a little bit, apparently these mowers were originally a project of Honda. They put alot of the development into the project and then decided not to get into the commercial ZTR business before everything was finished. But I do believe that they are in large part Honda developed and designed.

I don't live far from where these are built, I'm assuming the dealer (actually it was their head mechanic) had gotten the info straight from the source. They looked like great mowers but I haven't actually used one. They are definitely not some other brand's wanna be. They are serious mowers, I'm guessing they will become a bigger and bigger name in the business soon.