1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever run across an old Exmark Explorer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tlcgrounds, Jun 4, 2003.

1. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

I was curious if any one has one of these units or knows anyone who does. I've been looking for a used one to add to our fleet but am unsuccessful.
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw one on ebay about a year ago, haven't seen one since but i don't really look for them , Have you considered a Toro Z-master?? I think they still make that design:)
  3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco had a similiar one 42" Deck, 18 Onan. 2 containers on back.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Bob Cat, Scag, Walker, Toro all make a similar unit.
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We sold one last year, Just curious... why an Explorer? They are a pain to get parts for these days. :confused:
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Roy megli used to have at least a couple Explorers several years ago. Might want to pm him if you want some info about them.
  7. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

guy who lives 3 houses down from me has one to mow his own yard with.to bad they got rid of it.people just weren't buying them
  8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

your right we have one
  9. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

I really like this units design and I would like to get my hands on one. We all know lazers are great but we all know they tend to be alittle hard on turf after time.
  10. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like I saw one just a few weeks ago on e-Bay, but i didnt really care for all the rust on the bucket of bolts (it was a junk yard fixer-upper joe the handyman project)