Ever see or build a dump truck like this?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by IMAGE, Jun 2, 2010.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

[​IMG]

I want to be able to dump from a truck directly into a dumpster, and unfortunately all dump inserts or regular dump trucks all dump to low to get it into the dumpster.

In searching google I found the above pic, and i think it would work great for me. I'm thinking of building a custom one like pictured for a truck. Does anyone have any experience with this design that can list pros and cons?

The biggest con I see about it is that it would have a limited lift weight capacity. I'll always have loads under 1000 lbs in it, so that should be ok.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Those tires look awfully small to be on a street truck, or would you just have it at the yard?

It would be a neat conversation point, and probably fun to drive around.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

what is that a cushman? nice

4. IMAGE

from midwest

oh sorry, no I dont want the truck like that lol. I just want a Dump Box like that on a Normal Truck. Rereading my first post i see it had it worded all wrong. (had it right in my head, just didnt get it all out lol)

I just want to build a dump box on a regular truck that dumps like that one does, instead of a normal scissor hoist. Notice how the pivot point is up high, instead of at frame height. I could build a dump box styled after that one, that would clear a dumpster.

So what I meant to ask was pros and cons on that style of dump box, not on that truck that its on.

5. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

We have small trucks like toyotas and ford rangers like that here in Tulsa. Trash haulers use them so they can dump into the lower 20 yard dumpsters. Looks neat, but not much weight capacity.

6. IMAGE

from midwest

Do u know a brand name for the company making those bodys for rangers? i'm not finding much info on them. i found Pak-mor makes one, but pretty spendy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps a bucket loader would be easier, one of
    the cons I can see is that dump bed is awful high up,
    how do you get the stuff IN the bed?

They really should paint those evi's pink.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

isn't there a manufacturer called switch-n-go ?

9. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure of who makes them, just assumed the trash haulers did?!?

10. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you dig a gradual pit that that the dumpster sits in? Deep enough for the back of the gate to clear the side of the dumpster. And in the front have it a gradual incline/decline for the rollback to come and get it.