Ever seen a break like this?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bblawncare, May 2, 2008.

1. bblawncare

bblawncare LawnSite Member

I found this break at one of my customer's today. I thought it was strange how the top is perfectly "round" and the bottom side is cracked. Is this as strange as I think, or could there be an explanation for it? It was in the middle of the front yard and no work has been done on the property other than me mowing the lawn. Just curious...

DSC00368.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

For sale sign? Tent/canopy stake? Probe for measuring root depth? Dog tie off stake? Flag pole?

Just giving some ideas as to what I have seen puncture straight through a pipe.

3. GreatOutdoorsContracting

GreatOutdoorsContracting LawnSite Member
    from MO

yard sign or something to that effect pieces from the top are somewhere downstream the bottom just pushed into the ground and didn't break off.

4. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a similiar repair like that this year

Customer repositioned a low voltage outdoor light right by the valve box.

They put holes in 3 separate 1" poly pipes.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Customer: "Hmmm, I'll try a light here. Oh the ground seems too tough, I'll move it 2". Oh, ground still too tough. I'll move it a little more. Oh ground still too tough. Probably need my sprinkler guy to get the water going and soften this up a bit. Boy that looks purty right there, but boy was the ground tough about 6" down."

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Croquet post?

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We've had three start ups this week where cable or fiber op companies over the winter damaged systems. This is the crap that ruins our schedule. Expect a 15 minutes start up, and two hours later we're :hammerhead:

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Looks a lot like an aerator plug spike.

9. I've had holes similar to that caused by tree fertilizing and termite treatment.

10. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a deep root fert poke. Possible probe poke looking for the septic tank (if they have one).

Can't be from a snow stake. The only snow and ice you guys deal with are in your drinks.