Ever sold a mower then had remorse?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We just sold our M48 Tank today and now im kind of regretting it. It was a very good mower and was still like new with 430 hours on it but we werent useing it now that we bought our new 160Z. Sold it to a friends boss that owns a funeral home. I think he will get many years of good use out of it. One of the best stripping mowers we have ever owned because it had a factory installed stripping rollers.

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can always buy another one?

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I just keep getting a larger engine. So I don't miss the power but there was something to like about each machine. It will be hard for me to go back to under 30 hp. Just switched everything over to synthetic oil, hopefully the ones I have now will last a long time. I take very good care of equipment despite some tall grass pictures I've posted. It's hard to find help that I trust with equipment and will follow instruction. Especially if I'm not looking. I have a way I like things done and safety for them, any bystander and property are of the utmost importance. No one gets hurt and nothing gets damaged are my #1 concerns.

4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Stander 36 RH I really miss it when I have to push a small gated yard

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

52" 25 air-cooled Scag Wildcat
    23 liquid cooled 52" Turf Tiger
    36" Scag Walk-behind

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I havent regerted selling any of the few things I sold but I do regret passing up an excellent deal on a 48" scag cougar 27 kawi liquid cooled.

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have regreted many things I sold. But then I remember why I sold them and how they made me angry. I really just regret the loss of money.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Let me put it to ya this way. I sold my three 52" standards to a friend. I missed them after mowing with my ZD-28 on hills. One of the machines I sold to my buddy was a parts machine since I rolled it. Well I couldn't watch the parts machine rust to pieces sitting at my buddies shop. So I bought it back and I am in the middle of restoring it again. Suckers has 2200 hours on it, been rolled, wrecked, abused and blown up. But it will be still running again shortly, doing its old job of leave ***** and hillside mower. Now with the leaf plow/blower buggy I have for it and my walker, I can turn leaf removel into a one man job.

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

last year a toro Now I have been thru 2 other zss trying to replace it what a nightmare!!!!!