Just curious if anybody accidentally did this (or purposely I suppose). I did once. Caught some wood shavings on fire that were on top of the heating duct work while I was doing a full stub out. I had an extinguisher with me and took care of it right away. Couple stories made me think of this. One is from this link http://www.durangoherald.com/asp-bi...e=news&article_path=/news/08/news080307_1.htm A plumber who was soldering in unit 1 caused the fire when a spark landed on insulation, Abercrombie said. Two condos burned due to it. The other was from another guy that told me his tech was using the torch to thaw frozen pipes (for a blow out I guess), caught the house on fire and caused $70k in damage. I'm telling my guys to always pull out the extinguisher when they pull out the torch.